I know I have been MIA about J/W, but today I thought I'd post a little update on them. This summer they spent 3 nights at a Christian camp 2.5 hours away from us and they LOVED it. W has also been to circus camp and will have a comic art camp very soon. He's def. very into art and spend a lot of his free time drawing comic and making up stories. We sent J to a classical Russian ballet school this summer and while it is very nice, it is much farther and more expensive than her current studio. So we are still praying about that.
They also both took a class called "Sheep to scarf" and got to wash, card, spin, dye and weave wool. W had a little rough time and required help. His favorite part was carding the wool while J's favorite part was spinning. They both also took a cooking class and learned from a French chef taking home with them samples of Braised beef, Risotto, homemade dressing and English Trifle. Everything was made from scratch which is nice but little too consuming esp. with a 1 year old in the house.
As we are gearing up for school, they took a DORA(reading) and DOMA(math) assessment at letsgolearn.com courtesy of OXFORD school. A kind lady @ Oxford interpreted results for me and she put everything in a positive light. I know the kids were relieved and happy since they thought they got many wrong. he-he. The test do add/subtract questions based on how you answer them.
Regarding W, she says, "As you can see, W scored very well in every
sub-area of the DORA test. His reading comprehension score is
especially impressive, scoring at an almost 9th grade level! Way to
go!! (I'm totally shocked about this.)
W's DOMA score reveals that he is also doing well
understanding math. Considering he is going into 3rd grade this year,
he is at a wonderful pace with his skill level. "
Way to go!
~J's Results:
J
did very well in every sub-area of the DORA test. Her reading
comprehension level is super! I am so happy for her! She also shows
impressive abilities in oral vocabulary!
Her math test also
reveals that she is doing well understanding fractions, measurement and
especially number skills. Excellent work!"
No comments:
Post a Comment