Saturday, January 7, 2012

EC

I had accidentally read about EC before baby A was born. After reading the "Diaper Free Baby" by by Christine Gross-Loh, I was more than willing to try. When baby A was brand new, he signaled loud and clear whenever he needed to relieve himself and did not like to do it in his diaper. But when he was that age, he seemed to need to go too often, like every 10-15 minute that it was too much for us to deal with at the time so we gave up for the time being.

Fast forward 7 months and baby A is starting to eat solid food, and even though we use cloth diaper, baby A's bottom still seemed red, dry and chafe. I'm sure having more solid poop does not help. So I began thinking about EC again. But at this age, he is used to doing it in diaper. So the last few days, I have been letting him go diaper free most of the time and his bottom look much better. Today was the first day I had real success. I cued him and he went in the toilet while we were at archery. Hubby had success the last few days. It's really just about holding him for some time and paying attention. Hubby even caught a poop in the toilet. But later in the day, I got busy and didn't pay attention to his cues (fussing and kicking his legs), baby A went back to his old habits and went in his diaper. So I def. plan to continue EC and pay attention and communicate with my baby. To know that I can communicate with my baby is amazing.

No comments: