Friday, December 3, 2010

Holiday twitter?

I'm already receiving Christmas cards, letter,pictures from friends so it inspired me to write one of our own to share. Good thing I keep a blog to help me remember the events. I'll probably post a holiday picture later.

Happy Holiday, everyone!

January: W turned 6 this month and started all of sudden began to read chapter books all by himself. His first chapter book is “The Diary of the Wimpy Kid” given by Auntie Michelle.

February: J attended her 2nd Homeschool Spelling Bee and won 2nd place. Every year, there is always someone who gives her a really good run for the money. At Kalahari indoor waterpark, J conquered her fear and came down the Cheetah Race. W picked up knitting at amazing speed much to my surprise.

March: J had her first piano recital and did great. We dyed our own silks and they turned out beautiful. They are great for creative play and dress up.

April: We took the kids to China for a 3 week long vacation. They were absolutely troopers considering all the walking and long days we had while on tour. Their favorite part was getting a full body massage and riding on Grandpa’s motorbike.

May: Watching our caterpillars morph into painted lady butterflies was cool. J and I led her Girl Scout troop’s Try-It meeting. She was very nervous about it but it turned very well. We showed the girls how to uncover a secret message using watercolor, draw a 3 dimensional chain, finger knit a bracelet, and did an iridescence science experiment using ice, salt and food coloring.

June: I completed 2 out of 3 summer projects: knitted a hat using a loom and finished knitting a scarf for W. J also knitted a hat for daddy for Father’s day while all of us worked together to make an I-touch Father’s day card and a collage crown for daddy.

July: Our cousins came back to visit and stayed with us for 2 nights. The kids had a great time playing with their cousins and had fun watching the fireworks. They also came just in time to help celebrate J’s 8th birthday. On a sad note, our little pet hamster, Fluffy, died.

August: We received and raised monarch butterflies courtesy of a homeschool friend and it was so cool to see it land on W’s shoulder and hand. We also went to Potter’s zoo and rode on camels, fed birds, and had close encounters with the animals. I even had a goat tugging hard on my shirt. It made me get out of the petting zoo real quick.

September: I finally finished my 3rd project of the summer: a 16’’ customized Asian boy doll for W. Now Alex sleeps with W every night. J auditioned for competitive dance team on the recommendation of the studio owner back in August and got in. It surprises me how much she is loving dance. Her favorite dance is hip-hop.

October: Big news, we have a 3rd baby on the way. We are all excited but initially this is totally daddy’s idea and a dream come true for J who always wanted another baby. After making sure he will still be homeschooled after the baby comes, W is warming up quickly to the idea of being a big brother. But he is definitely praying for a boy.

November: W started taking guitar lessons and is gaining confidence fast in roller skating. I found J a new piano teacher in Canton so she resumed her lessons. In preparation for baby, we specifically got a light vacuum for J and W so they can help vacuum and they love it. Another passion of both J and W is drawing. I call them my blooming artists. J

No comments: