Sunday, November 28, 2010

Beth's adventure by J

J has written snippets of stories and illustrated them in the past but this is the first time she's written I think more than 2 or 3 pages. The best thing is she told me she really enjoys writing. This is something she has been doing with no input/help from me. I have refrained from giving her editorial comments, as tempting as it is. That can come later; good thing we are doing some grammar work using Rod and Staff.

There was even one night where she stayed up when everyone has gone asleep and she decided to stay in the upstairs hallway to continue writing and illustrating her story. So far there is 18 pages. This Thanksgiving she has taken a break but hopefully she'll continue with her story and finish it. I think some of the inspiration comes from reading all the American Girl book which she has just been devouring. So far, the story is about an American girl named Beth who becomes friend with an Indian girl named Speaking Rain and her adventures in Indian territories.

Cover of her book


1 comment:

Harvest Moon Farm said...

Wow, this is so cool! I'm going to show it to Zoo Boy, he recently told me that he wants to write a book but is unsure if anyone will want to read it. If he sees J's, then maybe it will inspire him to actually do it!