1. remove the kernels off Indian corn. (this has seem to become our tradition for fall)
2. soak the kernels over night (even a few days was fine; I hoped soaking them longer would soften them more but I don't think it made a difference after the overnight soak)
3. give the child a needle threaded with doubled thread. Choose the length(necklace, bracelet) appropriate for what you are making . Be careful of little fingers. I found it helpful when you feel the needle went through the kernels, turn them over and push them down the needle.
+042.jpg)
4b. and slide the kernels down to the knot. (I found depending on the hardness of the kernels, kids may need help in this step)
5. When they are done, center the corn kernels if they are not full string and tie the open ends together.
Viola! This is Prime's. J has been making them for her friends.
1 comment:
they ae really pretty, and esy we hav eindian corm too.
Post a Comment